Do you think you can achieve maximum output without adapting to the best practices to make custom software through remote development companies? Absolutely not!
A recent survey report by Deloitte predicted that the offshore software development market will likely cross $10 billion in operating revenue by the end of 2022 and $19.5 billion by the end of 2025. However, you need to take clever steps to minimize your budget and get the best possible output for your project.
So, while you outsource your tech projects to offshore developers, implement the following strategies to create a failsafe and object-oriented flowchart to achieve maximum and time-specific output.
Four Best Practices to Make Custom Software Development Meet Its End Goal
1. Hire A Company With The Right Mix Of People
Finding the best offshore software development company with the right mix of teammates is the stepping stone to making any project successful. And India is the only nation that can give you access to an impressive talent pool. A new report on ease of doing business by India Times recently suggests that India ranks 63rd among the 190 nations in the world.
Another 2019 Kearney study also found that companies looking for outsourcing teams now emphasize cybersecurity protocols and automation. So, while finding the right offshore team to make custom software, you should also consider these two factors.
Taking a detailed look at the offshore development companies is truly among the best practices to make custom software. And four factors can give you a thorough insight into the company.
- Complete profile and clientele of the offshore company (including website and social media handles).
- Geolocation and the total workforce strength of the company.
- Domain expertise, IP policies, and cybersecurity parameters.
- Review, accreditation, and testimonials from previous and existing clients.
Besides the company, you should also take a detailed look at the workforce that will work for your development project. And there are four more factors that can give you a detailed look.
- The company should have an experienced workforce with expertise in your technology.
- Look for the optimum mix of developers, analysts, testers, coordinators, and project leads.
- The team should have an effective and prompt communication channel irrespective of time zone differences.
- All the developers should pass the sample coding test (you can find some templates on HackerRank and DevSkiller)
Your offshore development partner must have the right talent pool with the right domain expertise. And we at FlipKoins always rely on the perfect mix of those to yield optimum output in the shortest possible time.
2. Take An Active Part In Prototyping And Design
According to a new report by Seed Scientific, more than 57% of IT companies now solely focus on software development and SaaS products. And there is no doubt that you’ll only find the perfect custom software solutions by hiring the best developers in India at low costs, as the nation has more than 6 million engineers with the right skillset.
However, you should take an active role in prototyping your digital product, as it is one of the best practices to make custom software that can assure you guaranteed success. And by taking part in the development process, you can eliminate incompetent elements, ensure a seamless output, and accelerate the overall productivity.
There are four main parameters to emphasize while developing a win-win SOP for any custom software prototyping and final output.
- Define the target users, short-term and long-term goals, usability, and projected impact on the global scale.
- Define the actual platform, such as mobile or web apps, desktop software, and cloud-based products.
- Choose the right technology and supplementary tools to accelerate the development.
- Pick the right development team with the perfect mix of coders, testers, and even HR and other support staff.
Once you are done with an objective and goal-centric SOP, you need to focus on the development strategy as well. And you can choose two strategies to yield a maximum output with minimal error.
YAGNI: Most inexperienced developers try to develop all the usability and functionalities of the digital products at once, which actually takes more time in real-world scenarios. It is better to take the “You Ain’t Gonna Need It” strategy where you will only implement things that are absolutely necessary to shorten the development timeframe.
DRY: If a group of developers works on a single project, the chance of redundancy increases significantly. So, it is best to implement the “Don’t Repeat Yourself” strategy to eliminate technical debts and to make the codes clean.
3. Get Involved In The Software Development Process
According to a new report by Stack Overflow, more than 51.7% of developers in the custom software development sector work for 40+ hours a week. However, you should get yourself involved with the developers to ensure the right output and optimum yield each day during the development cycle.
You can make any custom web and mobile application development fully proof and seamless by implementing four core strategies as you get involved in the development process.
- Design a development document and workflow for each of the project stages.
- Pre-define all the deliverables with a transparent scope of work.
- Implement a development plan with a fixed TAT while considering the error correction and testing phase.
- Prepare a checklist and allot ample time to test the product to ensure fully vetted and error-free software.
A new study by Coding Sans recently revealed that more than 50% of software development companies now use JIRA as their core management tool, as Trello comes second. Developers at FlipKoins are proficient in both these tools to ensure seamless management remotely.
Besides the overall development, you should also emphasize the technical and user testing of your digital products to ensure the best possible output to meet the long-term goal. And it is better to divide the testing phase into two main segments.
Realtime Technical Testing: You should thoroughly check all the fundamental elements of your digital product in different scenarios on different devices to ensure full-proof quality analysis.
User (Beta) Testing: It is necessary to let a small group of real users test your product in real-time scenarios to identify user difficulties, coding errors, and bugs. And the remote developers should promptly rectify those errors to make it launch-ready!
4. Prioritize Features For Your Project As It Evolves
As per the newest report by DDIY, less than 10% of software developers can actually deliver error-free software in less than a 60-day timeframe. However, you can accelerate the custom software creation by prioritizing the features as the product evolves.
To implement best practices to make custom software development successful, there are two methods that you can follow.
- The Agile Model: Although this nonlinear method needs the right discipline and absolute expertise of your development team, it can guarantee an adaptive collaboration to ensure an outcome-driven product development. However, your offshore development team needs to be flexible and agile as it works on a “testing-feedback-rectify” mechanism.
- The Waterflow Model: This liner method needs proper and step-by-step documentation to guide the development team to the right path to yield maximum output in a specified TAT. It ensures a fixed final cost of your project with utmost predictability. However, this method may have no room for additional changes as the project evolves.
Prioritizing features should be followed by proper testing to ensure the correct implementation of your strategy. The recent report by Good Firm reveals that more than 38.5% of companies use Selenium as their automation testing software to ensure a seamless and integrated testing phase.
We at FlipKoins also emphasize using all the state-of-the-art tools to test the HLD and LLD during the software development life cycle to ensure a hassle-free and errorless product output.
According to the new finding by GoodCore, more than 63% of the total budget of a company can be needed for software development projects. And you can effectively minimize that budget simply by hiring offshore teams from India as there are many benefits of hiring developers in India vs. other countries.
However, you should follow these best practices to make your custom software development project successful in a time-specific manner. And if you have any other queries or looking for a credible offshore software development team, feel free to contact us or start a conversation in the comment box.